Missi Roti is a healthy Indian Bread, speciality of Rajasthan and Punjab. This Restaurant style Missi Roti is very easy to make at home. Here is How to Make it.
- 1 cup Chickpea flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 3-4 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Ghee
In a large bowl, add chickpea flour(besan), wheat flour, and cornflour.
In the same bowl, add all the spices. i.e. turmeric powder, red chilly powder, carrom seeds, salt as per taste, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
Now add ghee and curd.
Knead the mixture into a soft dough.
Cover the dough for 30minutes with a kitchen towel, so that the moisture remains in the dough.
After 30 minutes, divide the dough into small balls.
Roll the ball into Rotis.
Apply water on the top of the roti with your finger.
Place the roti with the waterside down on the heated Tawa.
Turn the Tawa upside down and cook the roti, until some brown spots appear on the roti. Remember to keep moving the Tawa.
Turn the Tawa.
Cook the roti for a minute and apply ghee on the top. Serve hot.
1. You can use half-half Wheat flour and All-purpose flour, or a full cup of All-purpose flour in place of Wheat flour.
2. I upside down the Tawa to give the same effect as Tandoor and the roti will taste the same. You can directly cook the roti on tawa like you cook your normal rotis. But for the same essence and texture the tandoor does, I cooked Rotis like this.